Local veterans who have passed will be honored by the laying of wreaths on their graves at the South Buxton Cemetery (Woodman Section) on Saturday, December 14, 2019 starting at 11:00 am.
- 11:00 am – Wreath Laying, Public Participation
- 11:45 am – Opening Remarks
- 12:00 pm – Moment of Silence and Presentation of Wreaths
Each December on National Wreaths Across America Day, our mission to Remember, Honor and Teach is carried out by coordinating wreath-laying ceremonies at Arlington National Cemetery, as well as at more than 1,400 additional locations in all 50 U.S. states, at sea and abroad.
The wreaths are hand-crafted of all-American balsam and hand-tied with a red velvet bow in Columbia Falls, Maine. They will then be sent to one of our participating locations, where a volunteer will place it on the marker of a fallen hero. That volunteer will then “say their name” to ensure that the legacy of duty, service, and sacrifice of that veteran is never forgotten. Wreaths Across America Day offers us all the opportunity to join a grateful nation in saying “thank you” to our veterans.Wreaths Across America
For more information, or to sponsor a $15 wreath for a veteran by December 1, 2019:
- Call 207-929-6495
- Or send a check made out to Wreaths Across America and mail it to SBCA, PO Box 405, Bar Mills, ME 0400.
- Or order online using Group ID: MESBCB – Location ID: ME0009