Candidate nomination papers are available from the Buxton Town Clerk’s Office beginning on Monday, March 20, 2017 for the following positions, to be voted on at the June 13 2017 Annual Town Meeting:
- Two – Selectmen, Assessors and Overseers of the Poor for 3 years
- One – Town Clerk for 3 years
- One – Director Maine School Administrative District No. 6 for 3 years
- One – Director Maine School Administrative District No. 6 for 2 years
- One – Planning Board Members for 3 years
- Two – Budget Committee Members for 3 years
- One – Budget Committee Member for 2 years
All candidate nomination papers must be filed in the Town Clerk’s Office by 4:30 PM on Monday, May 1, 2017.
The Buxton Annual Town Meeting secret ballot voting day is Tuesday, June 13, 2017. The polls are open from 6:00 AM to 8:00 PM at the Buxton Town Hall, 185 Portland Road.
The Annual Town Meeting Continues with the often contentious, and frequently useless, Open Town Meeting on Saturday, June 17, 2017 at 9:00 AM, Buxton Town Hall, 185 Portland Road.
For more information, contact the Buxton Town Clerk at 207-929-6171 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.