The Maine Sheriffs Association will spearhead the effort to continue the Drug Take Back day for the State of Maine on Saturday, April 25, 2015 from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm.
The previous nine events collected 152,720 tons of old, expired, unused prescription medication. This year, as in previous years, drugs will be incinerated. Using this method of disposal protects Maine’s environment by offering an alternative to flushing drugs, which could potentially enter our drinking water system. The disposal also reduces the risk of accidental ingestion of the wrong medications and this misuse of old medications by people other than the person to whom they were prescribed.
The drop-off locations for the Buxton, Maine area include the following retailers and Police Departments.
- Hannaford Supermarket at 24 Portland Road, Buxton
- Rite Aid Pharmacy at 226 Parker Farm Road, Buxton
- Gorham Police Department at 270 Main Street, Gorham
- Hannaford Supermarket at 20 Sokokis Trail, Waterboro
- Saco Community Center at 75 Franklin Street, Saco
- Biddeford Police Department at 39 Alfred Street, Biddeford
- Biddeford Public Works Recycling Center at 371 Hill Street, Biddeford
- Old Orchard Police Department at 16e Emerson Cummings Blvd, Old Orchard Beach