As of May 14, 2020 the Buxton Transfer Station outside disposal areas are open during normal working hours on Tuesday from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm and on Thursday and Saturday from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm.
The temporary silver bullet recycling bin located by the salt shed, will be removed on Monday, May 18, 2020.
Recyclable material will be accepted during normal business hours beginning on Tuesday, May 10, 2020 in outside bins as follows:
- Paper: All paper products including cardboard, boxboard, and newspaper will be collected in outside bins just inside the main entrance gate.
- Plastic: All plastic will be collected in the compacter bin located next to the outside metal bin by the “Incinerator Bin” sign.
- Glass & Porcelian: All glass & porcelain will be collected in the inert waste bin located to the left of the booth (on the town hall side of the parking lot).
- Electronics: All electronics including TV’s, computers, printers, and game systems will be collected at the overhead door by the outside office door.
- Metal: All metal including tin cans will go directly in the outside metal bin marked by a painted blue curb and sign.
- Clynk: Tagged Clynk bags for drop off at Hannaford will be available. The transfer station will no longer be accepting returnable bottles.
The Buxton Transfer Station’s outside disposal area, including bulky waste, shingles, demolition debris, brush, wood, metal, tires, organics for composting, and inert waste, has resumed its normal schedule of operating hours.
During this partial reopening, customers will be asked to stay in their vehicles as much as possible. Transfer Station staff will direct the customers to the proper bin and unload some of the vehicles. Customers with large heavy loads will be asked to help and asked to wear their own mask and gloves. Customers with large/heavy loads who don’t have masks will not receive help. Brush will continue to be unloaded by the customers as previously done.
The inside areas of the Transfer Station and the Share Shop will remain closed at all times to the public, until further notice. Donations for the Share Shop are not being accepted.
Customers may be asked to wait at the booth until someone leaves a particular disposal area.