Updated: Due to the December 3, 2019 snowstorm, the application period has been extended to December 5, 2019.
The Buxton Toy Box operates from the Buxton Municipal Office and is overseen by the Board of Selectmen. Applications may be picked up at the Town Office during normal business hours.
Applications for the Toy Box must be signed by a parent or legal guardian. For more information about applying for the program or to refer a child, contact Jane Wendelken at 207-929-4087.
The Selectmen’s Assistant handles the application process and meets with all applicants. Applications are accepted only at designated times and dates.
- Tuesday, November 19, 2019 from 9:00 am to 12:00 pm
- Thursday, November 21, 2019 from 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm
- Monday, December 2, 2019 from 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm
- Tuesday, December 3, 2019 from 9:00 am to 12:00 pm
- Thursday, December 5, 2019 from 9:00 am to 12:00 pm
- Applications will not be accepted after 12:00 pm on Thursday, December 5, 2019.
Applicants are required to provide the following documentation and meet the following conditions:
- Proof of residency in Buxton.
Bring an valid Maine Driver’s License or State ID with your current address and your most recent utility bill. Renters must bring a signed lease or rental agreement with the landlord’s name, address, and telephone number on it. The primary residence of the child must be with a parent or guardian in Buxton. If shared custody, the applicant must bring the latest signed court order relating to guardianship and primary residency of the child.
- If a child has a different last name than the parent or guardian who is applying, a copy of the child’s birth certificate is required.
If the legal guardian is someone other than the child’s parent, the applicant must bring the latest signed court order naming the legal guardian.
- Applicants are not allowed to volunteer or work behind the scenes for the Buxton Toy Box.