The Buxton Town Office will reopen on June 1, 2020 at 8:30 am.
The Town has implemented some required practices for its subjects to follow. There has been no indication that there will be a police presence, but one must assume that the Buxton Police Department is ready to respond in force to any citizen who refuses to follow the dictates below. You have been warned.
- To enter the building, one must use the doors to the left side of the building. The front doors are for exiting the building only.
- All paperwork must be ready for presentation before getting in line. This includes, but is not limited to, proof of insurance, vehicle mileage, bill of sale, title or title application, previous year registration, or any other required documents. If you enter the line unprepared, you will be required to go to the end of the line to complete your transaction.
- No more than twelve subjects will be allowed in the building at any one time.
- Social distancing as marked by red squares on the floors will be required.
- If a comrade has any underlying medical issues, the town recommends scheduling a private appointment by calling 207-929-6171.
- Face masks are required of anyone entering the building.
- If you are sick or showing signs of a fever, you are asked to stay home and renew vehicle registrations online, request an absentee ballot, or call the town hall for assistance.
To conduct business with the Code Enforcement Office, you are requested to call 207-929-3046. General Assistance may only be requested by calling 207-929-5191 for an appointment.