The Town of Buxton is accepting applications for the position of Career Fire-Rescue Officer (rank not to exceed captain), the successful candidate will be a self-starter, who is a team player, and understands how to work as a leader within a combination fire-rescue organization. An active eligibility list will be kept for six months following this hiring process.
- Must hold and maintain a valid State of Maine Class C Driver’s license
- Associate degree in fire science, paramedicine, or emergency management, or combination of relevant experience, education, and training
- Maine AVOC/EVOC class (or equivalent)
- NFPA Firefighter I & II
- Maine Emergency Medical Services Paramedic license
- 5-years of experience as a full-time firefighter-paramedic, or equivalent per-diem employment
- Post job offer, the candidate must complete a pre-employment physical, including drug test, and associated NFPA 1500 components
- Must successfully complete a comprehensive background check and license check
- Must have the ability to work fixed and rotating shifts on a weekly average of 42-hours
Interested candidates should contact Joanne Ward via email at email@example.com for the full application package. Completed packages must be received at the Fire-Rescue Chief’s Office (185 Portland Road, Buxton Maine 04093) no later than November 20, 2019 at 1200 hours.