The Town of Buxton is accepting applications for the position of Firefighter/Paramedic (AEMT Accepted) for its Fire-Rescue Department, there is currently one open position. An active eligibility list will be kept for 6-months following this hiring process.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required; Associate degree preferred.
- Must hold and maintain a valid State of Maine Class C Driver’s license.
- Successful completion of Maine certified AVOC/EVOC class (equivalent).
- NFPA Firefighter I & II Certification, or equivalent.
- Must hold and maintain a valid Maine EMS Advanced EMT license, Paramedic preferred.
- National Incident Management System IS 100, 200 & 700.
- Post job offer, the candidate must complete a pre-employment physical, including drug test, and associated NFPA 1500 components.
- Must successfully complete a comprehensive background check and license check.
- Must be able to work fixed and rotating shifts.
Applications are available online or from the Chief’s Office by calling (207) 929-3099.
Completed application packages must be received at the Fire-Rescue Chief’s Office, 185 Portland Road, Buxton Maine 04093, no later than 12:00 pm on April 26, 2019.