District voters have the opportunity to vote on a greatly increased Fiscal Year 2021 school budget for Maine School Administrative District 6 (MSAD6, Bonny Eagle). The proposed budget requests a total tax levy of $54,432,744, an increase of $2,602,244 over the $49,830,500 Fiscal Year 2020 budget.
Voters will have the opportunity to express their position on this increase at their respective polling places on Tuesday, August 11, 2020.
The polling places and times for each town in the district are
- Buxton Municipal Complex, 185 Portland Rd from 6:00 am to 8:00 pm
- Hollis Community Building, 34 Yown Farm Rd from 7:00 am to 8:00 pm
- Limington Municipal Complex, 425 Sokokis Ave from 8:00 am to 8:00 pm
- Standish Municipal Center, 175 Northwest Rd from 6:00 am to 8:00 pm
- Frye island Town Hall, 8 Fairway Lane from 10:00 am to 8:00 pm
The proposed budget includes $325,000 for adult education in Chair Caning and Splint Seat Weaving, Drilled Sea Glass Pendant & Keychain Making, Beautiful You & Color Class, and Best Styles For Your Body Shape, among other life enriching classes.