The Maine Department of Inland Fisheries and Wildlife is now accepting applications for the 2016 Any Deer (Antlerless) Permit Lottery. Online applicants have until 11:59 pm, August 15, 2016 to apply at https://www20.maine.gov/online/nedeer/.
There are no fees to apply for the Any Deer permit lottery. A chance drawing will be held on September 9, 2016.
This year, a total 45,755 any-deer permits are proposed for 18 of the state’s 29 wildlife management districts across the state, an increase of nearly 60%.
You are eligible to apply if:
- You have a current valid Maine Big Game Hunting License (complimentary and lifetime licenses are acceptable). Landowners planning to hunt on their own land without a license must contact IF&W for instructions on applying for an Any Deer permit.
- If you’re not a landowner and need a license, you may purchase one online by visiting the Maine MOSES system. You can find more information on this from our website at: http://www.maine.gov/ifw/licenses_permits/lotteries/anydeer/anydeerfaqs.htm.
- You are a resident of the United States or Canada (foreign residents must apply using a paper application which can be downloaded from: http://www.maine.gov/ifw/licenses_permits/forms_applications.htm).
To complete the application you will need:
- Current Big Game Hunting License (or complimentary or lifetime license)
- Districts in which you wish to hunt.
- Personal information (Name, Address, Age, etc.)
- Landowner information (if applicable: including acres and town)